Monday, February 9, 2009

Ok... so it's been a year...

Wow! We can't believe it's been a year since we started this "We CAN Change The World" project. We've received many notes telling us what you've been up to. So this year we're going to do something special. For those of you who posted an idea last year and went ahead and put your 'thoughts into action', if you'll send us any pictures you'd like to share of you 'putting your words into actions' we'll send you any FIVE patterns at no cost to you!!! All you have to do is email us your picture/s along with a little note telling what you're doing AND your list of FIVE patterns that you'd like, and we will get them right off to you. You have until Mar. 3rd to get those to us.

And for those of you who didn't have the opportunity to post what you would do to change the world around you, you can do so by posting to this message. Then email us telling us that you posted your idea AND your choice of ONE pattern (or set, not a grouping). And we will get it right off to you. You have until Feb. 13th to get your request to us.

PLEASE SEND ALL INQUIRIES TO: schaefer.design.studio@gmail.com

God Bless you all!!!

5 comments:

ozlynda said...

Use only waste water for watering the lawn and gardens.
Pump the water from the bath with a bilge pump into a big bin and then using another pump with a float pump onto either lawn or garden.
Lynda - Australia

Donna said...

one thing I try to make a point of is saying something nice to the people I come across in my daily life: the supermarket checkout person, the lady next to me in a queue. It's like a reverse of what my mum always told us: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all! If I see something nice, I try to compliment the person to encourage them.

Amber said...

A year ago when you did this, I was 4 years 9 months cancer free. As my risk of getting cancer again is 100%, I can joyfully say that I am 5 years 9 months cancer free at this time. As I am only one person, my little bit to change the world has to rescue 4 dogs.
Donna does something that I do also. I try to say something nice to people I see. It makes me feel better and I know it does them too.

Heather K said...

My husband was in hospital for almost 2 months over the winter.
When he was moved to a rehab hospital, I got to know some of the patients and workers. They had a knitting club so I was able to help them out with yarn and patterns from my stash. They were very pleased, and so was I. They are helping me use my stash, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sue! What a wonderful way to celebrate your life. The way I can change the world around me is to take food to my local food pantry on a monthly basis, not just at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I plan to start that monthly, using the anniversary of my sister's passing from breast cancer as a reminder. So on the 16th of every month, I'll make a food donation in memory of her because she was a very giving person.
Mary-NH