Tuesday, February 12, 2008

At the close of this day...

What an awesome day this has been. When God asked me to create this little birthday blog, I had no idea what to expect. As I thought about what I would do to change the world, two things really stuck in my mind-
1) I would love to create special preschools across America for homeless children. Children should not be punished for their parents mistakes. I would love to be able to create a God loving, safe, and rich environment where a child who doesn't have a place to call his/her home would have a place in America where they could come and feel safe and know that things can get better. Where they could learn to love learning because for some, education is the only way out. And education that is balance between academics and knowledge of how much God loves and cares for them. A place where they can go and just be a child, not have to think about 'adult' stuff, where they can be as creative as they can be, and where they could find love. An environment filled with art and dance and music and beauty.
2) If I could get a handful of people to think about what they could do(right where they're at) to help someone in their own lives. To be able to encourage others to make a difference in their world then I could say I did something.

What a blessing... 182 thoughts and ideas from ladies all over the world on how they could make a difference!!!! People who have been touched by cancer and illness, to how we can be good stewards of the world we live in, to caring for the creatures that are so dear and bring so much happiness to so many, to thinking about the elderly and making them feel important in their older age, to feeding the many who are without food or clean water, to teaching our children to be just plain good people who respect themselves and others, to teaching those who can't read to read, to saying something kind to those we met as we walk through life, to knitting things to keep the cold warm, to prayers for those we don't know, to being the best parent we can be, to treating everyone as we would want to be treated, and so many more ideas!

My prayer for this 53rd birthday is that "God, help us to make a difference in our world, in our neighborhoods, in our homes and may we reflect your unconditional love to everyone you put in our lives."

For those interested, I stopped counting how many patterns went out today, but the last count I remember was over 170!!!!

Thank you everyone for making my birthday one I will NEVER EVER FORGET!!!
I am leaving this blog up so you can return often to see what you all wrote.

I'd like to end this post with something that our brother and Savior said in Matthew 25: 34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

God bless you all!!!
Sue

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

It was wonderful idea. Thankyou for putting up something like this. I hardly come across many such ideas and it's wonderful to know that so many people can and will try to make things better. I hope and pray that we can all do what we want to and don't give up to make a difference in this world. I'm not good with words!!lol!